Vegan burger: how to make homemade veggie burgers. From seitan to wheat muscle without forgetting DIY vegan burger with chickpeas, cabbage and other easy-to-shape vegetables.
Vegetable meat and vegan burger
When we go to a veg friendly restaurant, the sandwiches they serve are usually stuffed with soy burgers (soiaburger),mile, seita,mopur and wheat muscle ... in conclusion,vegetable meatmore difficult to work at home. Gluten-based preparations are available to make seitan burgers at home or, to prepare it from wheat or ingredients that are easier to find, you can follow the instructions in the article dedicated tohomemade seitan. Putting aside ivegburgermade with vegetable meat, at home we can make vegan burgers that are much simpler and just as tasty.
Vegan burgers, recipes
THEvegan burgerthey can be prepared with the most diverse ingredients: chickpeas, tofu, lentils, bulgur, cabbage, peas, spinach….
Vegan burger with beetroot
For the preparation you will need:
- 2 red turnips
- 4 tablespoons of corn flour ***
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 250 gr of soy yogurt (optional, for the cream)
- 4 teaspoons of lemon juice (optional, for the cream)
- 9 parsley leaves (optional, for the cream)
- a pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Corn flour is gluten-free and therefore also suitable for those who are intolerant and suffer from celiac disease. In any case, you can replace the cornmeal with different ingredients. As an alternative to corn flour, you can use 4 tablespoons of potato starch or chickpea flour. For the versionvegetarian, you can replace the cornmeal with 2 eggs.
- - Peel and grate the potatoes with a cheese grater. Place the potatoes in a bowl and add salt. By osmosis, the water contained in the potatoes will be discharged.
- - Cut the beetroot into coarse said.
- - Finely chop with the onion.
- - In a bowl, add the well-drained potatoes, onion and turnips. Mix the three ingredients and add the corn flour.
- - Add pepper to your liking.
- - Use a hamburger mold to get the classic shape or shape them with your hands.
- - Cook in a non-stick pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Thesevegan burgerthey should be cooked for 4 - 5 minutes on each side.
To serve, make a sauce made from soy yogurt, chopped parsley and lemon juice. The sauce is used to accompany vegan red turnip burgers.
Vegan brown rice and cabbage burger
Ingredients for 4 small vegburgers:
- 100 g of brown rice
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 2 potatoes
- chia seeds to taste
- Provencal herbs to taste
- salt and pepper as required
- extra virgin olive oil
- - Clean and boil the potatoes in salted water. Mash the potatoes while they are still hot until you get a homogeneous cream.
- - Cut the cabbage into very thin strips.
- - Sauté the cabbage in a pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- - Cook the rice, drain and let it cool.
- - Mix rice, potatoes and cabbage.
- - Season with spices and, if you prefer, add a further drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- - Again, with your hands or with the hamburger mold, make the classic circular shapes.
- - Bake on baking paper in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for about 10 minutes.
To make thevegan burgermore crunchy you can bread them in breadcrumbs.
Vegan burgers, other recipes
In the article dedicated toHomemade vegetable burgerwe have seen the tasty recipes of three vegan burgers such as:
- Vegan burger with chickpeas
- Zucchini burger
- Lentil burger
While on the page dedicated tovegetable hambugerwe have seen how to prepare a vegan sesame seed burger with ingredients such as celery, tofu, carrot and onion.
You might also be interested in:
- Carrots: properties and benefits
- Wheat Muscle: Recipes and Sale